Sweet and Salty Protein Bites
These deliciously sweet and salty protein bites are on current rotation in my kitchen. Long-term rotation actually. Why? Super healthy, delicious, crave control! Need I say more?
Protein Snack Idea
Each protein ball is loaded with ALL the good stuff but quick and easy to make because no baking is required. You will enjoy (almost) a complete meal in every bite, with whey protein, healthy fats (grass-fed butter and coconut oil), flaxseed, and almonds, just for starters. I love the sweet-salty flavor and texture, plus the dark chocolate gives you a boost of antioxidants. They’re very satisfying and filling too.
I actually made a double batch the last two times I prepared this recipe, to be more efficient, as I was going through them at such a rapid pace! These pseudo-cookies really help me to stay on track with my healthy eating, yet still enjoy a nutritious, dessert-like snack.
Store as Healthy Freezer Snacks
Remember that last time you were reaching for cookies (or sugar of any kind) in your kitchen? You were about to cave in and then … you did? Well next time, prepare yourself by making a stockpile of these to store in your freezer. Bonus; you can probably enjoy up to 3 or 4 and still respect yourself in the morning.
If you don’t recognize an ingredient, your body won’t either. #inflammation
Here’s what you will need:
Good For You Ingredients – Shopping List
Grass-fed butter, such as Kerrygold
Vanilla protein powder
Toasted coconut flakes
Roasted, salted almonds
Gluten-free, old-fashioned oatmeal
Dark chocolate chips, chunks or shavings from a bar, such as Lily’s, Trader Joes or Choc Zero (optional)
Natural granular sweetener (optional)
Note: I’ve been leaving out the natural sweetener lately because, for me, there’s enough sweetness in the dark chocolate. You can certainly add it in if you have a sweeter tooth tho!Print
These No Bake, Sweet, and Salty Protein Bites are loaded with protein, healthy fats and antioxidants! They are such a terrific and yummy way to start the day. Enjoy a couple with your coffee in the morning or any time of the day that you crave a treat, but want clean eating.
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops protein powder (I use vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes, chopped
- 2/3 cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free, old-fashioned oatmeal
- dark chocolate chips, chunks or shavings (optional)
- 3 tsp natural granular sweetener (optional)
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a glass bowl, in the microwave. Add all remaining ingredients. Mix well by hand.
- Form each ball with a 1-inch diameter cookie scoop. Place on a small plate or pan that you can fit in the freezer to set up. Use waxed or parchment between layers.
- Freeze for an hour and when firm, move to a Ziploc freezer bag or a freezer-safe container to store. Enjoy!
Keywords: Protein Bites, Keto, Paleo, Healthy, Snack, Healthy Fat
I hope you make and enjoy them! Please tag me on Instagram if you do, I love hearing what you make. Thanks for visiting,
For More Information
* Some products contain affiliate links. See the shop page for more information.