17 Apr Sweet and Salty Protein Bites
These delicious morsels are on current rotation in my kitchen. Long-term rotation actually. Why? Super healthy, delicious, crave control! Need I say more?
Each protein ball is loaded with ALL the good stuff but quick and easy to make because no baking is required. You will enjoy (almost) a complete meal in every bite, with whey protein, healthy fats (grass fed butter and coconut oil), flaxseed and almonds, just for starters. I love the sweet-salty flavor and texture, plus the dark chocolate gives you a boost of antioxidants. They’re very satisfying and filling too.
I actually made a double batch the last two times I prepared this recipe, to be more efficient, as I was going through them at such a rapid pace! These pseudo-cookies really help me to stay on track with my healthy eating, yet still enjoy a nutritious, dessert-like snack.
If you don’t recognize an ingredient, your body won’t either. #inflammation
Remember that last time you were reaching for cookies (or sugar of any kind) in your kitchen? You were about to cave in and then … you did? Well next time, prepare yourself by making a stockpile of these to store in your freezer. Bonus; you can probably enjoy up to 3 or 4 and still respect yourself in the morning. Here’s what you will need:
Ingredients Shopping List
Grass-fed butter, such as Kerrygold
Vanilla protein powder
Ground flax seed
Toasted coconut flakes
Roasted, salted almonds
Gluten-free, old-fashioned oatmeal
Dark chocolate chips, chunks or shavings from a bar, such as Lily’s or Trader Joes (optional)
Natural granular sweetener (optional)
Note: I’ve been leaving out the natural sweetener lately because, for me, there’s enough sweetness in the dark chocolate. You can certainly add it in if you like have a sweeter tooth tho!Print
These No Bake, Sweet, and Salty Protein Bites are loaded with protein, healthy fats and antioxidants! They are such a terrific and yummy way to start the day. Enjoy a couple with your coffee in the morning or any time of the day that you crave a treat, but want clean eating.
- 3 tbsp grass fed butter, melted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 scoops protein powder (I use vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes, chopped
- 2/3 cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free, old-fashioned oatmeal
- dark chocolate chips, chunks or shavings (optional)
- 3 tsp natural granular sweetener (optional)
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a glass bowl, in the microwave. Add all remaining ingredients. Mix well by hand.
- Form each ball with a 1-inch diameter cookie scoop. Place on a small plate or pan that you can fit in the freezer to set up. Use waxed or parchment between layers.
- Freeze for an hour and when firm, move to a Ziploc freezer bag or a freezer-safe container to store. Enjoy!
Keywords: Protein Bites, Keto, Paleo, Healthy, Snack, Healthy Fat
I hope you make and enjoy them! Please tag me on Instagram if you do, I love hearing what you make.
For More Information
* Some products contain affiliate links. See the shop page for more information.