The 10 Most Popular Projects of 2020
The New Year is almost here! I thought it would be fun to take a quick review of the 10 Most Popular Projects of 2020 from the blog.
Before we get started, I want to say a big thank you for following along. It’s so fun and fulfilling for me to create projects and teach. I’m very thankful for your enthusiasm, support, and kindness.
In this list, you’ll see a couple of themes, home DIYs are always popular, especially cushions of any kind. Also, this year has obviously been unique, so some of the most visited tutorials were about making fabric face masks and accouterments. I am so grateful that those posts helped people; around the world create their own face masks to stay safe and healthy. Still, I hope we can get to the point to not need masks in 2021 and find creativity in other projects!☺️
Below are the 10 Most Popular Projects of 2020, from 10 to 1. Enjoy!
10. Number 10 on the list is one post in my series on Craft Room Organization. This is perfect New Year inspiration for any creative space; whether it be a craft, sewing, Cricut room, or woodshop. January is the perfect time to clean out, so you may enjoy some of these ideas now and organize your space too! Read the post HERE.
9. This popular post is actually 1 of 3 face masks posts that resonated with readers in 2020. This mask style is slightly more contoured and fitted than a pleated version below. It has adjustable earloops and is reversible. Read the post HERE.
8. This tutorial walks you through how to make a DIY bench cushion cover with custom piping. It’s a wonderful way to update your space! Read the post HERE.
7. Readers liked this detailed tutorial to make a cushion cover for a chair. It is great to revive an old chair or an antique too. Read the post HERE.
6. The response from this tutorial was another surprise for me. This was an easy method I was adding to my face masks to tighten up the nose area. Apparently I was not the only one who wears glasses and needed this face mask feature. Read the post HERE.
5. This post is a step by step tutorial to make your very own custom chair or bar stool cushion. It’s pretty easy and delivers professional-looking results! Read the post HERE.
4. This pet bandana post was hugely popular. Let’s be honest, mainly because many of us LOVE our pets. Plus our friend’s golden retriever, Brody, is adorable. ❤️ This project is beginner-friendly and a great craft for kids too! (Parental supervision recommended). Read the post HERE.
Lastly, for the win, I finally learned to spell bandana!
3. Here’s a shortcut method to make a cushion cover for a bench, or really any cushion. This post seems to connect with lots of people because we are all busy and sometimes just want to speed up getting things done! Fortunately, you won’t sacrifice aesthetics with this cushion hack. Read the post HERE.
2. This post was originally created early in the year. At first, I wondered, would this be valuable to anyone? I was amazed by the response and so glad I wrote the post. I broke down the face mask tutorial into small steps that helped me, and I am grateful that it also helped others. It taught me that we all have things we know intuitively that can benefit others. You have your own secret sauce! Don’t be shy. Share your knowledge! Read the post HERE.
If you still are making masks or are interested in trying to, this design is a good one! The key to a good fit seems to be getting the ear loops the correct length, as all faces vary. Tutorial HERE.
1. My friend Ruth’s beautiful gnomes are always popular, but in December the post went through the roof with readers! We all crave beauty, cuteness, and comfort this time of year. But, even more in 2020!
I hope you enjoyed this year’s review! Click here for Most Popular Recipes of 2020, a roundup of the most visited recipes of the year. As I look forward to 2021, I am excited and planning lots of creative and fun projects. As always, I welcome your feedback! Let me know what kinds of projects interest you?
Sending warm wishes for your holiday week,
START HERE for blog home
The blue-colored type contains affiliate links. See the shop page for more information.