Suzi’s Easy Toffee Popcorn with Chocolate Drizzle is sweet, chewy, and incredibly delicious. It also makes a lovely gift! ❤️
1 cup butter
1 cup of corn syrup
2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
popcorn, about 8-10 cups
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag white chocolate chips
- Pop your popcorn. Remove the unpopped kernels.
- Melt butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, and salt over medium heat. Boil for five minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over popcorn and gently stir to coat. Put in 200° degree oven for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto parchment paper. Cool.
- Melt half of a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over popcorn with a spatula or fork. Repeat with white chocolate chips. Let dry for a couple of hours. Flip over and repeat with the remaining chocolate. Enjoy!
Remove the popcorn kernels. It’s a good idea to remove the unpopped kernels, especially if you give the popcorn as a gift!
Remember the baking soda. Don’t forget to add the baking soda. It is easy to miss this step. Baking soda will help by breaking up the sugar molecules.
Keep the toffee popcorn fresh. Store your popcorn in an airtight container or ziplock bag to keep it fresh. Press out as much air as you can. The better the seal, the longer it will stay fresh. You should be able to store it at room temperature for up to 2-3 weeks.
Is your caramel popcorn grainy? Grainy or crystalized caramel is the sandy appearance that happens when the sugar crystals in the caramel stick together. This can occur when the melted sugar splatters up on the colder sides of the pan. To prevent this, gently fold the mixture and avoid splashing the caramel to help the sugar melt uniformly. Add more water to the mix if sugars splash up on the pan. Heat again, and the water will help the sugar crystals to dissolve again.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: toffee popcorn, caramel popcorn, carmel popcorn, recipe, Christmas gift ideas, snack, confection, White chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate