You will enjoy this simple and quick meal. Fast enough for weeknight dinners but fancy enough for guests. It’s healthy too!
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted grass-fed butter
1 large onion, chopped
2 peppers; red, green or yellow
3 stalks of celery, chopped
2 14.5 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can low-sodium chicken stock or chicken broth
2 tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 tsp cajun spice, creole spice, or Emeril’s essence creole seasoning
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp hot pepper sauce, to taste
2 cups/1 lb. large shrimp, cooked, peeled & deveined
2 grass-fed beef sausages, optional
2 cups cauliflower rice or white rice
- Melt butter in a large covered pot over medium heat.
- Add onions, sliced peppers, and chopped celery. Cook for about 6-8 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, chicken stock, spices, and hot sauce. Bring sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and sausages (if using). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve over cauliflower rice.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Keto
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: Keto, Low Sodium, Gluten-Free, Healthy, Shrimp, Cauliflower Rice, Fast, Easy, Weeknight Meal, Dinner for Company, Guests