Today I’ve gathered 15 DIY homemade Christmas gift ideas from the blog for you to create for friends and family.
Handmade presents are so meaningful, and you can learn a new skill in the process!
There is a little bit of everything for everyone here. You will find presents appropriate for men, women, and children.
Let’s get started; it’s December already. There is no time to waste! 😁
1. An apron is such a cute gift to give a child; it can last for years because it’s adjustable. It’s equally great for adults. Take off the ruffle, and you have a more masculine design.
Learn how easy making a DIY Child Apron is with my tutorial and free pattern. Read the post HERE.
2. Here is a lovely, personal gift for someone special! There are detailed instructions to make an appliquéd and personalized pillowcase.
Create a custom message, and choose a favorite word or monogram. See the post HERE.
3. Here is a very thoughtful gift for just about anyone who likes t-shirts! First, choose the perfect tee, sweatshirt, bag or apron, etc. Next, create custom artwork or a message to apply.
The post is beginner-friendly, with easy instructions and a supply list. Learn more HERE.
4. Create a custom DIY stretch bracelet or necklace for someone special on your list.
Personalized bracelet ideas are meaningful and beautiful, plus they are so easy to make. Find out more HERE.
5. Make a fun bandana for your favorite pup. This post has a step-by-step tutorial with a free sewing pattern. It’s a fun, fast & easy sewing project.
It would be an enjoyable project to make with children; if they are assisted and supervised by an adult. Read the post HERE.
6. Create adorable little wool shapes with this beginner’s tutorial. Then attach them to barrettes, headbands, paperclips, etc.
The post contains a materials list and video instructions to demonstrate how to needle felt with wool roving. See more HERE.
7. Gnomes are a wonderful handmade gift that everyone will love!
A free pattern download & instructions are available in this post, and other posts provide even more ideas and inspiration. More ideas are HERE.
Gnome Wine Bottle Toppers
8. Bottle toppers are a great addition to a Christmas hostess gift. They are easy and fun to make!
Set them over the lid of anything, whether it’s wine, liquor, soda pop, or even bubble bath. Then watch your recipient’s delight! Learn here HERE.
9. A banner is a unique, functional, memorable, and fun gift.
Choose a message that is suited to the recipient and that they can use repeatedly. Learn more HERE.
10. Here’s a gift that makes a treasured keepsake that anyone would love. The post has stocking ideas, a materials list, and a detailed tutorial. Check it out HERE.
11. Pillowcases are a lovely, personalized gift. Pillows make beautiful home decor as well. This project is excellent for kids because there is no sewing required. Instructions HERE.
12. Make a fashionable purse for a stylish gal in your life. This easy sewing tutorial with step-by-step instructions will walk you through it! Learn more HERE.
13. Create a custom crossbody bag for someone special on your list. Customize the size, fabric, and finish, then embellish it!
It’s easy to sew, and a free pattern is available in this post. More HERE.
14. Make a beautiful cape for that stylish person on your list. A perfect cover for chilly weather!
It is easy to sew and a good fit for a beginner sewist. There are no sleeves, cuffs, or zippers. Tutorial HERE.
15. If you are still wearing face masks where you live, why not create a colorful and fun one for someone you love?
This easy tutorial will walk you through each step in the process, including adding knit ear loops and an adjustable earpiece. See the tutorial HERE.
For more gift ideas, check out all gift guides here!
This post should give you a few ideas for making homemade gifts! In the comment box below, let me know what you create this holiday season. 😃
Happy gifting, happy giving!
Subscribe to Bloom’s Newsletter
Sign up here for the Bloom newsletter. Select only the topics that interest you! Creative projects include crafts, sewing, recipes, hosting/entertaining, home/garden, and gnome-only emails.
The newsletters are 100% free. If you want to add, delete your topics, or unsubscribe, click “manage subscriptions” at the bottom of any email newsletters you receive.
The products with underlined text may contain affiliate links. When you buy through affiliate links on my site, I may earn a commission, but at no cost to you. See the shop page for more information.